Award-winning Author and Journalist
Former Marine Corps officer
Certified Writing Instructor and Coach
Sales, Marketing and Media Relations Keynote Speaker
Phone: (727) 742-8346
Note: Clients are invited to contact our members directly (contact info listed above) or contact Info@WomenVeteranSpeakers.com 240-298-3940
- Writing & Publishing
- Public Relations Marketing
Tracy Crow is a former Marine Corps officer and an award-winning military journalist. Her essays and short stories have been published widely and been nominated for three Pushcart Prizes. Tracy is also the president and CEO of MilSpeak Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting the creative endeavors of military veterans and their families through writing workshops around the country.
Her professional experience includes thirty-eight years of executive leadership expertise, crisis management training and leadership, sales training and management, advertising and marketing, public and media relations, corporate and entrepreneurial business development, publication design and editing, and academic teaching.
Tracy is the author or editor of six books: the newly released novella, Cooper’s Hawk: The Remembering; the award-winning memoir, Eyes Right: Confessions from a Woman Marine, about her life as a military journalist during the groundbreaking 1980s; the newly released popular history, It’s My Country Too: Women’s Military Stories from the American Revolution to Afghanistan with co-author Jerri Bell; the breakthrough writing text, On Point: A Guide to Writing the Military Story; the anthology, Red, White, & True: Stories from Veterans and Families, WWII to Present; and the military thriller, An Unlawful Order, under her pen name, Carver Greene.
Tracy has a B.A. in creative writing from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida, and an MFA in creative writing from Queens University of Charlotte in North Carolina.
Tracy’s clients include colleges and universities, companies with sales & marketing teams, writers and writing programs and veterans/military groups.
An insightful keynote addressing the importance of values-centered leadership and how your company’s success is affected by a values-focused vision.
YOUR LIFE AS STORY
How writing leads to self-awareness and healing.
Keynote or Workshop
THINKING INSIDE THE BOX
Why today’s top leaders turn inward for the most creative solutions.
GET SMART WITH ART
Using the creative arts to enhance and sharpen our critical thinking skills in the workplace and beyond. 3-hour workshop that can also be customized to meet client’s needs.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
Effective business-writing skills. 3-hour or 6-hour workshop, customized for client needs
How to write your military story & why you should. Customized Workshop or Keynote
THE CROSS GENERATIONAL IMPACT OF MILITARY SERVICE
The cross-generational impact of American military service since World War II: How customs, traditions, long separations, & loss transcend time and shape a society.
IT’S MY COUNTRY TOO!
War stories from the cross-dressers, nurses, cooks, spies & other heroines, American Revolution to Afghanistan.
- NASPA – Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education – keynote speaker
- Medtronic – keynote speaker
- South Carolina Library Alumni Association – keynote speaker
- Tampa Bay Times Festival of Reading – featured author
- Dress for Success Triangle –guest speaker/writing workshop instructor
- Professional Business Women’s Association, St. Petersburg – guest speaker
- Saint Leo University – guest speaker/lecturer
- Eckerd College – keynote speaker for Friends of the Library and featured author for Writers in Paradise
- Gettysburg College – guest speaker/lecturer
- Everest University – guest speaker/lecturer
- Association of Writers & Writing Professionals – panel presenter
- Bouchard Insurance – teaching consultant for business writing seminars and teacher-training mentorship
- Carteret Writers, Inc. – guest speaker/lecturer
- Women Marines Association – guest speaker
- North Carolina Women Veterans Summit and Expo – keynote speaker
- Granville County – keynote speaker
- Town of Butner (NC) – keynote speaker